Why Micro Budget / No Budget filmmaking sucks besides the obvious…
It does not suck…
- because you cannot use your favorite filmmaking toys.
- because you cannot have a trailer.
- because you may not be able to use SAG actors.
- because you have to shoot under 18 days.
- because instead of paying crew / feeding them a little better, producers rent expensive cameras.
- because instead of budgeting for VFX, producers hire SAG actors.
- because instead of hiring a few more crew members to make your days, producers make crew work overtime without OT pay.
- because instead of paying actors a nudity bump, producers take out a large cut as their “producer pay”.
Micro Budget / No Budget Filmmaking doesn’t have to suck. You just have to learn how to properly distribute your budget.